Monday, June 8, 2009

Two oops in two days

Well, it was the last day of Super Kids and it was sad to say goodbye to her teachers. Anyway, I put Katy in her car seat and her hair was falling down so I took that moment to put her clips back in her hair. Well, out of habit, I thought I was finished with her and proceeded to head home. Halfway down Frankford Ave I turned around only to find Katy had scooted down and then jumped out of her seat and began running around the back of the Yukon. Instead of buckling her in I had put in her hair clips and thought I was finished! What was I thinking?! I had to pull over into a parking lot and buckle her in the seat. She thought she had just won the jackpot. Well, as if that isn't bad enough, the next day we went to a birthday cookout at the Pepper's house. They have a huge back yard with a volleyball net and a dog run next to it. Katy loved to go in the dog run to watch their dog run around and try to give him hugs. I was playing volleyball and looked over only to find Katy in with the dog with a ring of brown around her mouth. Immediately my heart sank and my stomach began to churn at the thought of her eating DOG POOP! I knew I was not going to be able to get it away from her without gagging. Luckily enough for us it turned out to be a piece of chocolate that was thrown over the fence by the neighbor kids. Whew! I lucked out on that one. I think both of these qualify me in the running for the "bad mom of the month" award. I'm sure it won't be the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment